Why Shoes Matter So Much

Yesterday I posted a fantastic set of thoughs about Style vs Fashionwhich I found on Sallymandy’s The Blue Kimono blog (have a read, it’s great).  In case you haven’t been and checked it out yet, I’m going to to give you another taste today.  She recently did these two great posts about why your choice of shoes is so important, she posted these three pics:

Now I bet you’re curious about what each of these women have on their fee – so she shows them with their shoes – find out what they were wearing at The Blue Kimono

What do your shoes say about you?

Comments

1. Julianne says:

Of all the wardrobe items I have to worst problem with shoes. I love shoes, but never feel quite right about the shoes I have on.

I think I like buying shoes because they don’t make you feel fat. I can’t wear shoes that hurt my feet, and that leaves out most heels. I can wear them for a bit, but not much longer.

I do wonder if the really nice shoes like manolo blahnik or Laboutin are that much more comfortable. Anyone know?

2. Duchesse says:

Julianne, I just bought my firdst pair of heels (mid height) after at least 22 years; I had a dress that simply required heels.
    They are Thierry Rabotin, a brand very similar to Taryn Rose. I can’;t believe how they feel; I can wear then for a long evening (standing) and feel fine. But I still can’t wear stilettos or very high heels.

3. what a lovely blog. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Have fun in Disneyland. Did you get the chance to visit Raglan Castle while you were in the UK? That is my favourite

4. Colour Me Happy says:

I think that’s why women are so obsessed with shoes in general. I try to just buy what I need but it’s the black ones that generally get out of hand. Great idea for a post on shoes!

5. I love this! Proves something that I encounter every single morning: An outfit cannot be judged until the right shoes have been selected. They’re the make-or-break item, and can change the timbre of the ENTURE ensemble.

6. Fifi Flowers says:

My feet say SUMMER LOVER… I ADORE flip flops and I spend almost… ok every day in them at least for some part of the day.
    Are you ever going to show us their feet… hmmmm

7. Fifi Flowers says:

OH MY… I soooooo do not like their shoes!

8. My shoes say, “my owner can’t buy up-to-date shoes right now.”

Julianne – I love shoes for the same reason.

So what is it about the shoes yo’re wearing that makes them feel not quite right?

Duchesse – it’s great that you’ve found some heels that you find comfortable. It’s hard to enjoy what your doing if your feet hurt.

Clare – thanks so much – I enjoyed stopping by yours too.

Colour me Happy – shoes are so important to an outfit. But they shouldn’t all be black.

Sal – you are right – it’s a great way of showing how important they are.

Fifi – that’s great that you have summer feet!

Karen – I have difficulty believing that your shoe wardrobe is not gorgeous!

11. La Belette Rouge says:

So, show us the shoes!! I am dying to see them.:-)

12. sallymandy says:

Imogen: thanks, thanks for posting the reference to my blog. It’s a great topic–shoes–and I’m glad you linked to me.

I’m going to do the same with you this week. OK?