What are the guidelines for layering tops? Many people tell me they have no idea how to do it, so here are some quick tips.
Long sleeved polo neck, 560 GBP
Bird by Juicy Couture Ruched jersey tank, $200
Stripe Waterfall Cardigan, 22 GBP
Dandelion Floral Drape Vest, 22 GBP
Butterfly Ruffle Crop Top, 20 GBP
1. The under layer needs to be tighter than the over layer.
2. The under layer shouldn’t be a lot longer than the over layer if they have a similar hemline shape
3. Take note of where the layers end – don’t end a hem on an unflattering point (unless of course you want to do that).
4. The under layer should usually be shorter than the over layer if you are an H or O shape
5. Use layering to create an interesting colour palette