And the winners are (drumroll please)…
- Jesslyn – Large beige organiser
- BookGirl – Small pink organiser
- Diana – Medium brown organiser
Winners please email me with your address so that I can post to you!
Every now and again magazines like to do a What’s In Your Handbag article, so I though in the spirit of sharing, I’d show you what’s in mine, and a selection of my favourite handbags that I currently alternate between.
Here is the contents of my handbag:
- Compact fold up hairbrush with mirror
- Headache tablets
- Business cards
- Hand cream
- Dental Floss – I’m getting old, my gums are starting to recede and I get more food stuck between them which drives me nuts.
- Mobile phone
- Client notebook – when someone calls me, I write down all their details in this book as I’m often out and about, and it’s too dangerous to write stuff down on scraps of paper that can easily get lost.
- Favourite shops notebook – so when I’m out and about and I find a great new shop I can note down the details.
- Banking book
- 2010 diary (yep I still go for the paper sort – it would all be too devastating if I lost my mobile phone and it had not only all my contacts, but also my diary)
- Makeup purse with some lipsticks, mascara, concealer
- Reading glasses (yup, I’m getting old)
- Handbag butler (one of those things that you use to hang your handbag off a cafe table)
- Handbag organiser – that’s the red thing that you see.
- Fold up bag to carry stuff home in (not pictured)
And whilst on the subject of handbags and handbag organisers, I was lucky enough to receive a handbag organiser for my birthday a couple of years ago from a great friend, it’s come in so handy as I love to swap bags around depending on what I’m wearing, and if I need to pack a bit of extra stuff (notebooks, books to read, netbook).
When my kids were younger I’d also have wet wipes, spare nappies, nappy disposal bags and when toilet training, clean underpants stashed in there. I never carried a nappy bag.
You may wonder where are my sunglasses – I keep them in my car. I also keep in my car chewing gum to freshen my breath before seeing a client, tissues, sticky tape, umbrella (it no longer rains in Melbourne, we’re into our 13th year of drought), needle and thread, wet wipes, tweezers (because it’s always when driving that I suddenly discover that one black hair that has started sprouting out of my chin).
So here it is all packed up, and that at the front is my fold up bag to carry stuff home in when I shop so I don’t need to take a plastic bag from the shop.
And here it all is packed into one of my handbags – it’s one of the smaller handbags I carry, and I can still zip up the bag.
Here is a selection of bags I use currently, depending on what I’m wearing, and how much I need to carry. The only bag my handbag organiser doesn’t fit into is the brown chinoiserie bag with the round bamboo handles at the front.
And a little about my bags for those interested.
- Blue Leather (back left) – I bought this from an art gallery in Dayleford. this is a great bag to take if I’m travelling on a plane, can pack lots into it and take it as handluggage.
- Red Levis bag – this is one I wear with jeans, it’s vinyl.
- Pink rectangle bag – this is DKNY and I bought it on a trip to Chicago. It happily fits lots of A4 size magazines, paper and files.
- Black Leather bowling bag (back right) – I bought this in Barcelona. I fell in love with it when I took a trip there, it was by itself in the shoe department of a department store, and I just kept going back to look.
- Black Leather hobo – this was an ebay purchase
- Brown chinoiserie – this came from the shoe shop Cinori – it was love at first sight. You can’t really see in the picture, but the clasp that does it up has a picture of the Mona Lisa on it.
- Green Baby Giselle – this is Luella – and I’ve always loved the Giselle bag (as you can see I also have one in Light Beige), there is something about the shape and design that just makes me happy. I bought it off ebay.
- Cream Giselle – Luella again – and another ebay purchase.