I want to invite you to join me in my inaugural NoRepeat November Style Challenge. What is this you ask? After seeing many wardrobes where there are plenty of clothes options, but the owner only ever wears 10%-20% of their entire wardrobe and usually the same garments in particular outfits I thought it was time to set you a challenge to try working your wardrobe much harder than you normally do. To help you find the magic and mileage that lies within it. To get you out of your style rut as you think about what you have and how you can wear it in new and different ways.
The rules are simple: don’t wear the same garments in the same complete outfit more than once in November. You can wear garments multiple times, but something about the outfit has to change each time. It could be wearing a different top or bottom, a different shoe, scarf or necklace.
There are many benefits to taking part in this challenge:
1. Discover new outfits you’d never before considered – get more value from your existing clothing, discover some new, previously untried work-horses in your existing wardrobe.
2. Discover real wardrobe gaps – when you’ve been working through your wardrobe trying to put things together and discover you’ve got a gaping hole – then you know that that is a true wardrobe gap that needs filling the next time you shop for clothing.
3. Become more creative with your wardrobe and style. Have fun playing with your clothing and accessories and trying combinations. Clothing should be a creative expression.
4. A more organised wardrobe – clean out and organise your wardrobe and discover unloved treasures that already lurk within. If you organise your wardrobe before you start the challenge you’ll be surprised when you find a garment at the back of a drawer or under another on a coathanger that you’d forgotten.
5. Wear more of your wardrobe. Find garments that you love but hadn’t been wearing, toss out garments that you realise just aren’t you and that you don’t enjoy wearing, but have been hanging onto. This will help you discover what does and doesn’t work for you now, the body and personality style you have today, not 2 years ago (or longer)!
So it’s time to take up the challenge and start organising your wardrobe so you can take part in NoRepeat November – plus share your photos of your outfits – Use the hashtag #NoRepeatNovember on Twitter and Instagram etc., or upload your photo to my Facebook Page
And feel free to share this badge on your blog if you’re taking part.