Colour Personality – 5. Soft – Feminine

Did you choose number 5 as your overriding preference in colour choice?  This is from the feminine style (some call it romantic).

Colours are soft and pretty, not harsh or bold.  Light blues, purples, pinks, greens, lemons.  Champagne, mushroom and cream, fawn, light grey and beige are preferred neutrals over dark colours like black, brown and deep navy.

Fabrics are also soft and touchable, silk, satin, velvet, cashmere, definitely those enjoyed by the more kinesthetic.  Drape is also important in the flow of the fabric, never stiff or heavy, instead more light and with a soft drape.

Some of the personality traits associated with this style include:

• feminine
  • caring
  • warm
  • nurturing
  • gentle
  • considerate
  • understanding
  • non-threatening

Other aspects to this style of dress are that the clothes always show off the female form, they tend to have a waisted appearance, never boxy or sack like.

Details such as lace, frills or flounces, sequins or beading, small floral or nature inspired patterns may also be found

Jewellery tends to be delicate and pretty, never chunky or bold.

These colour choices tell the world you’re not conventionally ambitious, you don’t want to intimidate, instead you want to be warm and approachable.  These colours say that you care.

Comments

1. The only time I wore those colors was when I had just had a baby. That makes sense now…

2. Rosina at Middle Ageless says:

Definitely me! I love all these pretties. They are like pebbles. The personality comments fit too so I guess I'm a combination of this group and group 1. This is a very interesting series, Imogen!

3. Herein lies my problem. I am so drawn to these types of clothing and colors, but realize what really looks best on me are the neutral or jewel tones in classic styles kind of like Jennifer Aniston style. So I buy a mishmash of clothes and then realize they are wrong. The description of these colors however fits my personality. What a dichotomy!

4. cindy kay says:

This is strange… I consider myself all those things on the personality list, but I look horrible in those colors and styles. Maybe my body doesn't match my personality? (Or maybe I'm in denial about who I really am… ?)

5. Yes! This be me. Mostly. I tend to base outfits on this personality and toss in pieces from other personalities here and there, depending on my mood.

That looks like spring to me. Would be quite inappropriate for fall/winter where I live.

- tall & slim anon

7. Duchesse says:

I choose drapeable fabrics and love velvet and cashmere, but not in these colours. So I propose the category, Soft Neutral, if you do not already have it in your deck.

LPC – interesting isn't it?

Rosina – and some group 2 too I think. You and that sea of yours!

Julianne – maybe you can incorporate them in your life in your interior decorating instead of wrapping your body in them!

Cindy Kay – you may be drawn to the style, but not the colours (in fact from what I've seen your your blog, you are drawn to the style – like some lace?).

Jesslyn – great way to dress.

Tall and Slim Anon – it does have a warmer months feel about it doesn't it? Though I've always been a lover of winter white which fits right in here!

Duchesse – After I've finished this series I'm doing a wrap up on the colours, I find that most people are a combination of different styles – they may take their fabric drape from one style, colour from another, and clothing style from another, and jewellery or accessories from somewhere else as well! We are mixed and interesting creatures.

9. Maria Killam says:

Those are my colours, I look the best in turquoise and I can only find it in the spring/summer.

10. Really interesting series of posts – I'm definitely a combination of 1 and 4. Now that I've worked that out, I'm hoping it will make shopping more fun and less onerous.

11. Interesting. I think I might fit in here, but who would have thought it? I like classic styles and wear a mix of colours. And I am very matchy matchy. But on the feminine side. Not hard and tough at all. But over frilly doesn't suit either.

12. Gorgeous! But many of these make me look a bit, um, sickly when I wear them.