Most O shapes that I’ve met tend to feel self-conscious about their stomach area, so here are some tips of what not to take into the dressing room if you are an O shape.
- Dresses or tops with belting at the waist.
- Baby doll (empire) style tops with spaghetti straps (you need a wider strap) and with gathering under the bust (it will make people ask when your baby is due). You can wear empire tops, but they need to be smooth and not gathered.
- Cardigans and jumpers (sweaters) with banding at the waist, and other horiztonal details at the waist.
- Clothes made from stiff fabrics, such as stiffer denims.
- Avoid any sort of patch pockets anywhere on your body. Look for pockets that are built into seams and not obvious.
- Paperbag waist skirts or pants, and gathered waists on skirts and pants, also pleated waist pants.